Handling NSF Checks
When accepting checks as payments there will always be a chance of getting a bounced check, or Non Sufficient Funds (NSF).
Sproutary allows you to to mark and handle NSF checks.
How to mark a check as NSF
- First find the original check item that the bank returned.
- Click on it to see the details.
- Click NSF
- The screen will prompt you to enter the date of the NSF as well as a fee if you charge one to your families.
- Click Save.
Balance & Reporting with NSF
Once a check is marked NSF it will appear on their account and reports as
Check NSF. The bounced check not be applied to their account balance.
- Family is charged $100 for the week on Monday. - balance -$100
- Family pays you a check #123 on Tuesday. - balance $0
- The bank notifies you Thursday the check has been sent back as NSF.
- You record the NSF in Sproutary and you charge a $10 fee. - balance -$110
- Family Pays you $110 in cash. - balance $0